Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I have a nifty idea...

If I were a performance artist, I would play with kitties and bunnies and cute little furry animals in front of an audience...and call it art. I'm not knocking performance art at all, I just want an excuse to play with animals.
I've been reading about Marina Abramovic, who is this amazing performance artist, but a lot of her work is extremely...painful for her. Google her, and you'll see what I mean (NOT for kids) I understand what she's doing, but a lot of performance art seems to be about pain. What about pleasure, fun or happiness? We have enough pain and suffering in the world. Testing limits is one thing, but not much performance art shows the other side.
I'm sure less people would shun performance art if it branched out a bit.
What do you think of performance art? My husband think it's the stupidest thing in the world, and sometimes I think that too, but this art form runs deep.
Any thoughts?

McKella

No comments:

Post a Comment